Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Benefits Of Yoga

I hear all the time; “why do we have to do yoga”, “yoga is boring and to long”, “there’s no calories burnt in yoga, what’s the point?”

Well I’m here to tell you to stop complaining and do the yoga. During my first round of P90X I hated the yoga and I would skip yoga days, and guess what by not doing the yoga my results really suffered, I also got injured during those first 90 days with several knee injuries and I credit that to skipping the yoga. During my second round of the X I added yoga in and from that round to toady I always do yoga once a week, yoga has so many benefits, here are only a few but there are so many more.

1.) Stress and tension reduction2.) Mental clarity and focus3.) A greater sense of purpose, peace, harmony.4.) Increased fitness and muscle tone5.) Improved strength, balance and flexibility6.) Improved posture, alignment and grace7.) Increased lung capacity, breathing quality8.) Improved digestion and circulation9.) Better quality of sleep.10.) Improved Spine Health

If you have ever done yoga then you know that Tony Horton calls it the fountain of youth and for a good reason, yoga helps to keep you and your joint young so you can perform at your best.

During my 30 days of strict Asylum I really missed yoga and i even lost some of my flexibility as soon as the 30 days was over I started yoga back up and then the soreness and fatigue was gone.

I’m not here to tell you that you have to do yoga but i just wanted to list the great many befits of it, and I hope now you will at least give it a chance, if you find yoga boring do it outside and get in touch with the planet and yourself, or do yoga in a dark room for some relaxation I’ve done both and yoga days really are one of my favorite days of the week.

Namaste ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment